Halloween at Neil Cummins - details here! Neil Cummins Weekly, October 25, 2020
- October 26 LCMSD Appointee Board Meeting via Zoom, 6:00 p.m.
- October 28 NC English Language Community Committee (ELCC) Zoom Meeting Link 9:00a.m.
- October 30 Halloween at Neil Cummins - details here
- All Mondays LunchMaster Pickup 11:00 a.m. through 12:30 p.m.
- All Fridays Library Book Return 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., outside NC office
- All Fridays Classroom Materials Pickup for Distance Learners 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (*as notified by your classroom teacher)
Halloween Celebration at Neil Cummins Please review the school Halloween guidelines and plans here.
Remember “Test or 10” Protocol! School COVID Symptoms Card and Decision Tree. You can find more information here: MCOE Covid handbook. Your child is able to livestream via zoom while waiting for school clearance. Thank you for making our health & your child's health a top priority. Our school district nurse, Gail Hurwitz firstname.lastname@example.org, is available to answer specific scenario questions.
- If your child’s absence will be for 5 or more days, you are eligible for an Independent Study Contract with advance notice to the school office and classroom teacher.
- Please notify email@example.com and your child’s teacher.
- Please note- Independent Study is the only option during travel; we are not providing live streaming or distance learning.
- The CDC has lifted travel restrictions for both international and domestic flights and recommends for post travelers to practice precautions based on their and pre-travel exposure.
- The CDC does not recommend quarantine subsequent to any domestic or international travel unless you are aware of having close contact with an individual with Covid-19. In that case, follow the CDC guidelines of quarantine for 14 days from last contact with the individual. You can read the CDC recommendations here.
Neil Cummins Emergency Preparedness On Thursday, October 22, our school (in AM and PM groupings) participated in an emergency preparedness earthquake drill. The Great Shakeout is an annual disaster drill that took place on October 15, 2020. Many schools and districts in the U.S. and internationally participate in The Great Shakeout. We postponed our participation this year by one week as we got settled in our first full week in the AM/PM school reopening model. The Great Shakeout website has excellent material for your own family to prepare in the case of a major disaster or emergency. Please take a moment to read this important information about our own school’s disaster preparation and response and remember to list emergency contacts for your child in case you are not able to pick them up. The people listed in our system are the only ones we will be able to release your child to!
Marin COVID Dashboard Here is the link to the new Marin County Department of Public Health and Marin County Office of Education school reopening dashboard. Schools that have 10% or more of their student population attending in-person meet the criteria for being considered “open.” This dashboard also provides COVID information such as the number of student cases, number of staff cases, and suspected in-school transmissions.
SCHOOL AND PTO NEWS
What is Compassion The 5th Grade Leadership team helps us learn how to show compassion to ourselves and others.
Supporting Student Math Learning at Home Series See below for specific links to each series by grade span and registration details. These trainings are held virtually and free to all.
Supporting Student Math Learning at Home (Spanish Only)
Supporting Student Math Learning at Home (K-1)
Supporting Student Math Learning at Home (2-5)
Free Lunches Extended Through June 30! See the LCMSD COVID Response Plan for all lunch details and don’t forget to order each Thursday by 10:00 a.m.
Zero Waste Tip of the Week - Repair, Don’t Replace. If you must replace, make sure your item can go to a new home to extend its life. Many of us have honed our own repair skills during quarantine times. Just because something is broken, doesn’t mean it’s time to just get something new. Many times these items can be fixed with just a Youtube search. Companies like Patagonia will even repair their clothing for you!
SPARK Savings Thanks to our Biz Partner, The Village at Corte Madera, take advantage of these special savings
- Aveda 20% discount all purchases October 25 only
- Bonobos 20% discount 3+ Chinos October 25 only
- Lucky Brand Jeans 15% discount October 25- 31. Mention "SPARK" at checkout. Offer is for in store only at the Corte Madera location.
SPARK Participation Challenge is Back For the last three years in November, district families have come together to show their commitment to support our schools with this Participation Challenge. While our ultimate participation goal by the end of the school year is 100%, the Giving Day goal is 60% by November 17. Your fall donation helps the foundation plan its financial commitment for the District for next year. Details on exciting prizes and surprises coming soon! Set up automatic monthly payments or pledge now pay later. Corporate Match can help boost your donation - check here to see if your employer participates.
Click here for our Community News that includes:
The Neil Cummins Weekly is a digital bulletin published by the NC PTO and distributed to the school community each Sunday via email. To receive a subscription to The Neil Cummins Weekly and other NC Backpack Mail, or to change your email address, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org. To submit an article, complete the online form on our web site. Articles must be received by Wednesday at 3:00 p.m. in order to be included in the next issue. Please try to limit the length of articles to fewer than 100 words. Need more information? Contact The Weekly editors at email@example.com or visit one of the following Web sites: Neil Cummins, Larkspur- Corte Madera School District, Neil Cummins PTO or SPARK.
- Redwood Fundraiser at Amy’s Drive Thru
- Proposed Local Homeless Shelter
- Applications for Holiday Gift Drive Recipient
- Support Equity in Education for Marin Students
- Let’s Talk Discussion Series on Substance Abuse
- Measure M Parcel Tax
- Corte Madera Rec Outdoor Martial Arts, Gymnastics, Hip Hop & Halloween Happenings