CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION
In the Larkspur-Corte Madera School District it is our vision that every individual is empowered to become a productive citizen through relevant, rigorous, and engaging curriculum, active partnerships, and authentic interdisciplinary learning experiences.
We believe that in order for our students to be successful in college and careers, all learners must demonstrate the 21st Century skills necessary for this success. Our learners will:
- Be Effective Communicators
- Be Critical Thinkers and Problem Solvers
- Use Curiosity and Imagination
- Use Creativity to Express and Explore Learning
- Collaborate with Others in Learning and Leading
- Be Flexible and Resilient
- Demonstrate Initiative and Entrepreneurialism
Our priorities are to:
- Foster healthy, inclusive, respectful, and safe learning environments that promote social, emotional, and intellectual growth;
- Inspire students to maximize their potential through an inquiry-based curriculum that adapts continuously in order to address individual needs, encourage critical thinking, and cultivate collaborative, life-long learners.
- Project-based learning serves as the foundation of the instructional program, providing students with meaningful, hands-on, inquiry-based projects that integrate the Common Core Standards.
The Common Core State Standards (CCSS) were developed through a state-led initiative to establish consistent and clear education standards for English language arts and mathematics that would better prepare students for success in college, career, and the competitive global economy.The California State Board of Education (SBE) adopted the standards on
August 2, 2010.
Common Core Information and Resources:
CCSS English Language Arts
Provided by the Council of Great City Schools, this three-minute video explains how the Common Core State Standards will help students achieve at high levels and help them learn what they need to know to get to graduation and beyond.