- Larkspur-Corte Madera School District
- District Homepage
LCMSD is Opening School
Dear LCMSD Community,
As we continue our journey on the most unique year of LCMSD’s history, students get not one, but two “first days of school!” Our first being August 19th via Zoom, and now our second “first day” is scheduled for next week. As with any first day of school, there is a mix of emotions - excitement, a little uneasiness, and this year, the curiousity about our modified schools and classrooms for COVID. Schools are warm and welcoming places, COVID or not, and we will make sure that your child’s experience on their second “first day of school” is just that - a happy and joyful one!
I want to take this opportunity to thank our custodial, maintenance, tech, district office, and leadership team staff who have been working tirelessly since March in preparation for our reopening. We have PPE, plexiglass, directional arrows, QR codes for screening, taped classrooms to ensure distance, walkie talkies/radios, pop-up tents, and the list goes on and on. I also want to thank all of our teachers and support staff who have been there for students through each twist and turn of this journey. Thank you for transitioning your curriculum, adapting instructional delivery models, and bringing connection to students in this ever so important time of need. LCMSD teachers and staff rock!
I know you’ve seen many communications from your principals and teachers this week. Please read them, please watch the videos, please continue exploring our website. Our success is a community effort and we feel so fortunate to have you as our learning partners. Here is some information that might be helpful:
- LCMSD COVID Response Plan Website
- Training Videos
- October 5-9 is the Hybrid schedule
- The primary purpose of the Hybrid week is to train and orient students to the new campus/classroom environment and protocols
- Additionally, this is a time for us to check our systems and make minor adjustments
- October 12 we begin the 5 Days In-Person (AM/PM) Model
- When dropping off/picking up your student:
- Review the map for entry points and class meeting location
- No dogs
- Bikes, scooters, and skateboards must remain in the racks outside of the entry points. We will not monitor them for theft, social distance, etc.
- Limit adults - please only have one adult drop off your child
- Please park on the street - staff lots are for staff only
- Please complete your Student Daily COVID Screening before leaving home
Thanks for taking the time to read this email and the others from your principal and teachers. We are all so invested in making this the very best experience for students and want to make sure you have access to every detail of our reopening.
Whether it be on Zoom or in-person, we are committed to going the distance with you! See you (in-person) next week!!
Brett Geithman, Ed.D.