- Larkspur-Corte Madera School District
- District Homepage
LCMSD - Important COVID Updates
Dear LCMSD Community,
I want to extend an enormous thank you to all of our teachers, staff, leadership, Trustees, parents, and students who have made our return to in-person a successful transition. We have greatly missed seeing and hearing children on our campuses; it is truly a gift to have them here everyday. Thank you for being a supportive and committed learning community - #WEareLCMSD
Here are some important updates:
- Daily COVID Screenings
- Complete before arriving on campus
- Please take your child’s temperature
- Do not complete if your child isn’t coming to school
- MCOE has released a COVID Handbook that we encourage you to become familiar with
- In the COVID Handbook, you will find a Parent/Guardian Community Health Pledge - we will be sending this out shortly via Actionaly and need all parents/guardians to (electronically) sign it
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY
COVID related symptoms include:
- Fever (100.4°F/38°C or higher) or chills
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Not being able to taste or smell, or saying that things taste or smell different (within the last 10 days)
- Nausea or vomiting
- New onset of stuffy or runny nose (different from pre-existing allergies)
- Body aches (muscle aches or “bones hurting”)
- Unusually tired, lethargic or “low-energy
“TEST OR 10”
Please contact your healthcare provider for guidance and choose one of the following pathways before returning your child/children to school:
- Have your child/children tested for COVID-19.
- If their test is negative, provide your school office with documentation, and return to school if their symptoms have improved and your child is fever free for 24 hours without the use of medication.
- If their test is positive, let your school office know as soon as possible. Your child may return to school 10 full days after today if their symptoms are improving and they have been fever free for 24 hours without medication.
- Visit your child’s healthcare provider. Follow the guidance provided. If your child is diagnosed with a non-COVID-19 illness, your child may return to school with written clearance from your healthcare provider if their symptoms are improving and they have been fever free for 24 hours without medication. Contact your child’s provider if you believe these symptoms are usual for your child due to a chronic condition. As always, contact your provider if you are concerned about your child’s symptoms (eg, any difficulty breathing, chest pain, etc).
- Isolate your child at home for 10 full days, and return to school on the 11th day if symptoms have improved and your child is fever free for 24 hours without the use of medication. Contact your child’s provider if you believe these symptoms are usual for your child due to a chronic condition. As always, contact your provider if you are concerned about your child’s symptoms (eg, any difficulty breathing, chest pain, etc).
- Please see MCOE Covid handbook, or contact public health for guidance as to when your child’s sibling may return to school.
Brett Geithman, Ed.D.