- Larkspur-Corte Madera School District
- District Homepage
Student Mental Health and Counseling Team
Dear LCMSD Community,
As you may be aware, a sixth grade student in Lodi tragically took their own life during a Zoom class with his camera and sound off. This terrible event highlights the increased emotional impact of a global pandemic and social isolation.
The Larkspur-Corte Madera School District counseling team continues to support their commitment to the emotional health and safety of all students as well as all staff and community members. Our counselors provide classroom-based lessons and meet with students individually and in small groups in person and online. Here is the District Counseling Overview that highlights many of their services and programs. Please do not hesitate to reach out to your school counselor if you are concerned about any student in our district. If you prefer to connect anonymously, please use this Anonymous Tip Form.
We can all help prevent the next tragedy by being aware of the signs of suicide and depression and reaching out for help for those in need. Below are some resources regarding signs of suicide:
- Know The Signs from Suicide is Preventable
- National Institute of Mental Health Warning Signs of Suicide
Where to Get Help:
- Marin Suicide Prevention Hotline - 415-499-1100
- The hotline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals.
- California Youth Crisis Line 1-800-843-5200
- 24 hours a day. Caters to youth 12 to 24.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255
- 24 hours a day. Works with teens.
- For crisis support in Spanish, call 1-888-628-9454.
- Emergency resource for anyone seeking support.
- California Crisis Text Line - 741741
- Mobile Crisis Response Team (Marin Health and Human Services) - 415-473-6392
- The MCRT is a team staffed by two mental health clinicians trained to respond to mental health and substance abuse crises. Face-to-face crisis counseling and brief supportive interventions are provided.
These hotline resources have been shared with students at Hall Middle School - they are listed on the back of their school ID cards. The counseling team will continue to share age-appropriate signs of suicide information with students throughout the year.
LCMSD Counseling Team
-Cove School Counselor - Scarlett Headley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
-Hall School Counselor - Josh Evans (email@example.com)
-Neil Cummins School Counselor - Kyle Shaw (firstname.lastname@example.org)