- Larkspur-Corte Madera School District
- District Homepage
LCMSD Winter Break Re-Entry Plan
Dear LCMSD Community,
Thank you for your support in our Thanksgiving Re-Entry Plan. We apologize for the delay in obtaining results and will be working with Curative on identifying timelines that can be met for future events. Overall, the plan was successful due our learning community working together: teachers and staff, parent volunteers, families signing the pledge, and adherence to “Test or 10” and the travel advisory. Our ability to keep our schools open and safe is dependent on each person doing their part - thank you!!
Below are the data from our testing, as well as the Winter Break Re-Entry Plan.
- Just shy of 2,000 tests were performed for staff, students, parents, and community members
- 5 community members
- 3 students
- Cohort closures
- Since October 5th, this is LCMSD’s second cohort closure
- We have 108 in-person cohorts operating every day. This means less than 1% of our cohorts had to close due to Thanksgiving Break
Please know all three families were following health department guidelines. The one cohort closure was unavoidable; community transmission will happen and there will be asymptomatic cases. The other two cohorts were not closed because the families were following health department guidance such as travel quarantine and Test or 10 for self or household members. This demonstrates the importance of understanding and following our local and state guidance.
WINTER BREAK RE-ENTRY PLAN
Since Thanksgiving the following data and variables have been introduced and taken into account when making our decision regarding winter break:
- 1 cohort closure post-Thanksgiving
- Continued family and staff cooperation in health orders/guidance (Test or 10, travel, etc.)
- College students returned during Thanksgiving and will be in Marin through winter break
- Stay at Home Order - families are restricted from non-essential travel, all gatherings with members from other households (indoor or outdoor), and other activities associated with greater risk. Note, there was not a Stay at Home Order in place during Thanksgiving.
- Note, travel is outside of the Bay Area (map in middle of page).
- Marin County Department of Public Health and California Department of Public Health guidance is for schools who are open for in-person learning to remain open.
- Conversation with Public Health 12/8/20
- Tamalpais Union High School District’s tentative opening is January 6 (families with students in both districts will have children attending in-person instruction)
Based on these data and variables, below is the LCMSD Winter Break Re-Entry Plan:
- School will resume in-person instruction on Monday, January 4th
- Per public health, schools are a safe place for students to be. When in distance learning a number of families must make arrangements to group their children together (pods) so that they can work. We want to avoid this type of gathering as that can lead to increased exposure.
- Curative will be offering community testing during the break and into January (book here). Check back often as more and more appointment time slots will be added.
- Families who are unable to follow the Stay at Home Order MUST (per health department) 1) quarantine for 10-days following the risk activity they engaged in; or 2) may enter on day 7 with a negative test performed after day 5 (diagnostic molecular rt-pcr tests only) and remain asymptomatic. Students will be placed on independent study (where a student will complete assignments listed in Google Classroom, but not Zoom in). Fill out this form if you travel or gather.
- Please sign this pledge to keep our schools safe and open
- We will follow the Stay at Home Order
- We will not host or participate in gatherings
- We will remain local for winter break
- If we must travel or engage in risk activities we will quarantine for 10 days or test 5-7 days afterwards, and not attend in-person school during the quarantine/testing period
Together we can keep our schools and communities safe!
Brett Geithman, Ed.D.