- Larkspur-Corte Madera School District
- District Homepage
Mobile COVID-19 Testing Sites (each weekday in Marin). For additional information go to https://curative.com/
Curative Brings More COVID-19 Testing To Marin
Marin County’s partnership with Curative Inc. is expanding to bring additional observed and directed self-collected oral fluid swab COVID-19 testing to Marin. Six locations were announced on December 17, and a seventh location that will operate five days per week is set to open on Wednesday, January 6.
The new drive-through testing location in San Rafael offers FDA-authorized self-collected oral fluid swabbing that is observed and directed by a healthcare worker. Instead of doing nasal swabs, residents will simply open a swab package, cough deeply three to five times and swab inside each cheek, upper and lower gum, underneath and on top of the tongue, and the roof of the mouth. This swab is then placed inside a biohazard bag and returned to a Curative worker. Results are returned within 72 hours by email or text.
The new site is located at the “Armory Parking Lot” along Civic Center Drive in San Rafael (commonly referred to as the Jury parking lot which is east of the Marin County Civic Center and just south of Lagoon Park). The site will operate 11 AM to 5 PM on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, and 8 AM to 2 PM on Mondays and Wednesdays.
In addition to the new site in San Rafael, Curative has expanded the operating hours of its San Geronimo testing location, from 10am to 4pm on Mondays, adding four additional hours of testing appointments. To accommodate the longer schedule, the location will move just down the road to the San Geronimo Golf Course.
All curative testing sites remain free, but appointments must be scheduled in advance through the Curative website (available in English and Spanish). Appointment slots open about 3-4 days in advance of each scheduled testing day. The updated schedule of Marin County -based Curative test sites includes:
- Bolinas: Mondays, 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM; Bolinas Fire Station (100 Mesa Road)
- Larkspur: Thursdays, 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM; Piper Park (250 Doherty Drive)
- Novato: Fridays, 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM; Novato Library (1720 Novato Boulevard)
- San Anselmo: Tuesdays, 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM; United Market (100 Red Hill Avenue)
- San Geronimo – UPDATED: Mondays, 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM; San Geronimo Golf Course parking lot (5800 Sir Francis Drake Blvd)
- San Rafael: Starting Wednesday, January 6; Armory Parking Lot (Armory Drive)
- Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Mondays and Wednesdays, 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Sausalito: Wednesdays, 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM; Sausalito City Hall (420 Litho Street)