STUDENT RELEASE PROCEDURES
Disaster Management Team’s Role
- The Administration has management responsibility for student check-out.
- The Administration will determine if release will happen from a Centralized Location ON OR OFF CAMPUS or from Classrooms. (If off campus, students are moved to the nearest District Gym).
- Keep students together and calm.
- Release students only to Disaster Management Team member unless instructed.
- Make sure your student’s Emergency Information Card is updated.
- Know who is authorized to pick up your child. Know whom you are authorized to pick up.
- Follow Staff instructions. Understand that the student check-out procedure is time consuming, but that it is VITAL that ALL involved follow a few mandatory steps in order to ensure the safety of all students.
- No cars will be allowed in the school parking lot other than emergency vehicles and staff vehicles.
- Be prepared to fill out a release form. Be prepared to wait for your student(s) to be brought to you.
- Staff will escort students in small groups to the release table.
Student Release from a Centralized Location
In the event that students need to be evacuated from campus, they will be escorted to the field/blacktop and released from there. If conditions do not allow for students to be outside (hazardous conditions, weather, etc.), students will be released from indoor locations.
- Set up student check-out tables. Each table will have a list of all students, a copy of emergency cards, and check-out forms. Release will happen in alphabetical order by students’ last name.
- Staff will check the information on the check-out form against the emergency cards. Release student only to an authorized adult. When in doubt, ask for ID, if not shown, notify team leader and/or administration. If the information matches, a staff member should locate student(s) and escort him/her/them to the check-out table.
- In the event that no emergency cards can be retrieved from the office, check-out will be done through copies of emergency cards
Student Release from Classrooms
- If the Administration authorizes release from classrooms, teachers should complete attached Emergency Student Release Log
- Verify that the student is being picked up by an adult authorized on their Emergency Card by:
- VERIFYING ID – MATCH WITH EMERGENCY CARD.