GET INFORMED! TAKE A STAND! BE INSPIRED!GO OUT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Mission of Hall Community ServiceThe Hall Community Service Program encourages all students to participate in volunteer activities which improve the lives of others outside our school community.
What is Community Service at Hall?
- Volunteering with organizations and at events, or initiating projects, that help others in need
- On campus community service opportunities include: Working at the Hall Spring Art Festival and Neil Cummins and Cove events like the Kindergarten Cupcake Social, Carnival, Friday Fun Night, and the Holiday Store
What is not Community Service at Hall?
- Student-to-student tutoring during advisory
- Leadership Class activities during school hours
- Helping family members with household chores or babysitting
- In school teacher-led community service events like Valentine card making
- Community service as a consequence of misconduct
How do I get involved?
- Check out the ongoing community service opportunities here
- Check out the calendar and Hall Bulletin for upcoming opportunities
- Initiate a project to help other individuals or a cause
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org us some of your favorite photos of you or others performing community service. We can feature them here on the website
- Email email@example.com a poster or announcement of your community service activity which we will post on the Community Service bulletin board outside the Hall library
How do I record my completed hours?
- Fill out the Community Service Hours Submission Form. You can download it to your computer, fill it out and turn it into the Hall office (students, NOT parents).
- This form is also available in the Hall office. You must submit all forms to the Hall office.
- Don’t forget to get the signature of a supervising adult or parent.
- Complete hours between August 21, 2019 and May 1, 2020.
If you have any questions or need direction or ideas please contact:
Megan Harvey, Beth Dinowitz, and Dina Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org
8th Grade: 8 hours*
7th Grade: 7 hours6th Grade: 6 hours* A minimum of 3 hours of Community Service is required to participate in the 8th grade graduation ceremony. Students who complete 8 or more hours will earn a seal on their diploma.All students performing the recommended hours for their grade level or beyond will be recognized at the end of the academic year.