School district governance is the act of transforming the needs, wishes, and desires of the community into policies that direct the community's schools.
The Larkspur-Corte Madera School District Governance Team is made up of the five Trustees and the Superintendent. Trustees are elected volunteers who serve four-year terms.
- Establishing a vision for the district
- Establishing an effective and efficient organizational structure
- Ensuring accountability
- Advocating on behalf of children and public education
- Selects and evaluates the Superintendent
- Adopts and evaluates policies
- Adopts and monitors curriculum
- Adopts a budget and monitors the district’s fiscal accountability
- Negotiates and adopts collective bargaining agreements
- Creates an environment that promotes excellence and enhanced communication among our various constituencies.