Becoming a Trustee slide deck from the latest workshop is here: Slide DeckThere were no attendees at the February 9, 2022 meeting; therefore, there is no recording to post.Board Governance Information
School district governance is the act of transforming the needs, wishes, and desires of the community into policies that direct the community's schools.
The Larkspur-Corte Madera School District Governance Team is made up of the five Trustees and the Superintendent. Trustees are elected volunteers who serve four-year terms.
Governance Team Handbook
The responsibilities of the Board cover four broad areas:
In order to fulfill these responsibilities, the Board:
- Establishing a vision for the district
- Establishing an effective and efficient organizational structure
- Ensuring accountability
- Advocating on behalf of children and public education
Vision & Goal Planning: New mission & vision statements, core values and concepts, and strategic priorities are updated every 2 years. See the "About Us" section of our website for more information.
- Selects and evaluates the Superintendent
- Adopts and evaluates policies
- Adopts and monitors curriculum
- Adopts a budget and monitors the district’s fiscal accountability
- Negotiates and adopts collective bargaining agreements
- Creates an environment that promotes excellence and enhanced communication among our various constituencies.