Board Governance InformationGovernance Team Handbook
School district governance is the act of transforming the needs, wishes, and desires of the community into policies that direct the community's schools.
The Larkspur-Corte Madera School District Governance Team is made up of the five Trustees and the Superintendent. Trustees are elected volunteers who serve four-year terms.The responsibilities of the Board cover four broad areas:
In order to fulfill these responsibilities, the Board:
- Establishing a vision for the district
- Establishing an effective and efficient organizational structure
- Ensuring accountability
- Advocating on behalf of children and public education
Vision & Goal Planning: New mission & vision statements, core values and concepts, and strategic priorities are updated every 2 years. See the "About Us" section of our website for more information.Board Communications Plan: Communications PlanBecoming a Trustee: Becoming a Trustee Workshop Presentation 2016
- Selects and evaluates the Superintendent
- Adopts and evaluates policies
- Adopts and monitors curriculum
- Adopts a budget and monitors the district’s fiscal accountability
- Negotiates and adopts collective bargaining agreements
- Creates an environment that promotes excellence and enhanced communication among our various constituencies.