Larkspur-Corte Madera School District
In the event of an emergency DO NOT CALL THE SCHOOL. An instant alert system (Parent Link) will communicate to parents/guardians. Each emergency presents a unique set of variables, which will be evaluated prior to a decision to use Parent Link. Those variables include nature of emergency, time of emergency, estimated duration of emergency, impact on immediate safety of students, direction given by law enforcement and emergency services agencies, and others. The District's highest priority is to first evaluate and respond to the emergency and ensure the immediate safety of students; and then to notify parents/guardians if the individual emergency dictates.
Parent Link’s accuracy is dependent on making sure all information is up-to-date in the school district's database. Any adjustments in your contact information can be made by contacting your local school. It is important to keep your contact information up-to-date at all times, even including changes in email addresses, phone numbers and your emergency contacts – we will not allow anyone to pick up your child if they are not listed as an emergency contact.
When you receive a message from Parent Link, please regard it as very important. If you pick up the voicemail at a later date, listen to the entire message. Do not call the school or the District Office. If it is an emergency notification, it will include instructions. In the event of any earthquake, flood, wild land fire, or other emergency, keep your radios tuned to KCBS-740 AM, or KGO-810 AM for advisory information.
Student Release General Guidelines:
- Do Not Drive on Campus - School campuses must be clear of cars to allow for emergency vehicles. Park your car safely nearby and walk to school. Do not leave your car in the street where it will block other cars or emergency vehicles.
- Major Earthquake - If buildings are unsafe to re-enter, CHILDREN WILL REMAIN UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF SCHOOL AUTHORITIES until parents or designated responsible adults can pick them up. Students will only be released to a parents or guardian as listed on their emergency card.
Student Pick-up Locations – Pick-up on the blacktops
Bring Identification - You must bring Picture ID to identify yourself for release of any student to your care. Do not attempt to remove your child or any other child from school without having signed the emergency release form at the Student Release area.
- To arrange for a calm and efficient plan for parents to retrieve their children from school, if necessary;
- To minimize injuries and loss of life of students and personnel and to insure their safety and protection if an emergency occurs during school hours;
- To provide for maximum use of school personnel and school facilities.
Emergency on the Way to School - If children are caught in an emergency between home and school, it is recommended that they go immediately to school.
- In event of earthquake, give “duck and cover” instructions.
- Evacuate students to assigned area on yard.
- Hold students in assigned yard area, take roll, report missing students and wait for further instructions.
- Certain teachers will report for assigned special duties (e.g. first aid or search and rescue). Otherwise teachers remain with class and provide student supervision.
- Provide basic first aid.
- If school buildings are declared unsafe to re-enter by the Principal, students will be dismissed.
- Dismissed students will only be released to a parent or guardian as listed on their emergency card.
Food and Water Supply - In the event that children need to remain on campus for several hours after an emergency, we have a basic supply of water and food.
Info Snap Emergency Information Updates - If you are unable to reach the school, personnel will care for your child until you can safely get there. In order to assist staff in the safe caring for your child, be sure you have updated your emergency information with the school "Info Snap" system. You received an email about this in the fall. If you have not done this update, please do so immediately, or contact the school office to make sure your information is correct. If there is any special medical information the school should know about, please enter it in "Info Snap" and notify the school office if there are any significant changes.
Evacuation From Immediate Area - Conditions may be such that it is necessary to remove students from the immediate area. An instant alert system (Parent Link) will communicate to parents/guardians, when possible, the location of students. A notice will also be posted on the front door of the school with the location of the students. If students are to be removed to a Red Cross Shelter, they will be kept together under the supervision of the Red Cross and a Child Protection Services worker.
You and your family are encouraged to develop an Emergency Preparedness Plan for your home.
Last Modified on November 20, 2015