The Larkspur-Corte Madera School District is a dynamic learning community committed to educational excellence, equity, and inclusion. We inspire members to think critically, act creatively, work collaboratively, and communicate effectively. We strive to be engaged citizens, contributing positively to our local and global communities
We believe that in order for our students to be successful in college and careers, all learners must demonstrate the 21st Century skills necessary for this success. Learners will:
- Be Effective Communicators
- Be Critical Thinkers and Problem Solvers
- Use Curiosity and Imagination
- Use Creativity to Express and Explore Learning
- Collaborate with Others in Learning and Leading
- Be Flexible and Resilient
- Demonstrate Initiative and Entrepreneurialism
District Strategic Priorities
- Foster healthy, inclusive, respectful, and safe learning environments. Promote the social, emotional, and intellectual growth of all community members.
- Inspire academic growth and civic responsibility through a rigorous, inquiry-based curriculum that is engaging and personalized.
- Attract, cultivate, and retain innovative, inspirational educators.
- Sustain the fiscal integrity and stability of the district.
- Facilitate collaborative partnerships between students, families, schools, and community.
District Core Values and Concepts
Promoting Visionary & Collaborative Leadership
Our learning leaders model, set direction, and maintain a focus on students and positive learning climates, clear and visible values, and high expectations for all members of our learning community. Our leaders inspire and motivate teams, involve and communicate with our community, and collaborate and form key relationships.
In order to ensure that our students meet their highest potential, we provide a comprehensive, inquiry- and standards-based differentiated curriculum, and opportunities for every student to be successful, involved, and engaged in collaborative learning with peers and teachers. We believe ongoing assessment of student learning informs our instructional practices.
Organizational and Personal Learning
We promote strategic thinking, innovation, flexibility, and agility in response to changing requirements. We invest in personal learning for all through focused professional development, peer-to-peer learning, and opportunities for reflection across the learning community.
Valuing Faculty, Staff, and Partners
Our success depends on valuing the diversity of our faculty, staff, parents, and community members. Their varied backgrounds, skills and knowledge, along with their creativity, dedication, and motivation, contribute to a more enriching educational environment.
We model good citizenship, ethical behavior, and sensitivity to others, and promote each individual’s success as members of a local community and global society. We value diversity in our students and believe it enriches our inclusive educational program.
Focus on Process, Progress, and Results
We use a variety of measures and data to assess continuous improvement in academic and social/emotional goals, develop short and long term strategic priorities, and manage our resources effectively and efficiently.