The 3rd Annual Cove Readathon Has Started!
Sunday, January 20th, 2019
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day, No School Monday January 21st
- LCMSD Board Meeting Wednesday, January 23rd, 6:00pm-9:00pm, Hall Library
- Cove Site Council Meeting Thursday, January 24th, 3:30pm-5:00pm
- DELAC Meeting Tuesday, January 29th, 8:30am, Hall Room 406
- Progress Reports-Emailed Home Friday, February 1st
- Budget Discussion for Parents- February 5, 8:15-9:15am, Cove Library
- Parent Ed Event: Attention and Focus Matter for Learning and Well-Being Tuesday, February 5th, 6:30pm – 8:30pm Cove Gallery
- LCMSD Special Board Meeting - Budget Study Session February 6th, 6:00pm-8:00pm, Hall Library
- LCMSD Board Meeting - Budget Recommendation Wednesday, February 13, 6:00pm-9:00pm, Hall Library
PRINCIPAL MESSAGEThe 3rd Annual Cove Readathon Has Started!
We kicked off this 3-week event at Friday morning’s assembly. The Readathon is the primary fundraiser for the Cove PTO, providing over 50% of the PTO’s annual budget. Donations help fund: professional development for teachers, instructional materials, classroom supplies and equipment, furniture, PE and playground equipment, campus events, parent education, campus improvements and much more!
Students will digitally log their reading for 3 weeks from January 18-Feb 8. Here is a link to the Digital Reading Log. You can enter info as often as you wish- daily or weekly. Honesty! While it’s tempting for students to inflate the number of minutes read, we hope parents can use this as a valuable opportunity to teach the importance of honest, hard work.
All Cove families received a personalized link to their child's fundraising page on Friday, January 18th. Please help encourage your children to reach out to friends and family to sponsor them! Donations can also be made by clicking here.
There are lots of exciting raffle prizes up for grabs! All students who read at least 20 minutes per night, 4 times per week will be entered into the raffle for a chance to win a prize. Students earn additional raffle tickets by reading more and by getting pledges- the more they do, the more raffle tickets they earn.
This event is a great excuse to snuggle up with a favorite book and read, read, read! Thank you for your support!
Michelle Walker, Principal
Budget Information- Please be sure to read Dr. Geithman’s email to the community entitled “Budget Update - Anticipated 5% Reduction”. Upcoming Board Meetings on Jan 23, Feb 6, and Feb 13 will address the budget. Parent budget discussions with Dr. Geithman will be held at each site. Cove’s discussion is on 2/5/19 8:15 am - 9:15 am in the Cove library.
Do you speak Mum? We are looking for someone to help translate for a Cove parent who speaks Mum. Please let counselor Scarlett Headley (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you can help!
DELAC (District English Learner Advisory Committee) Meeting Tuesday, 1/29/19 at Hall Middle School 8:30 am. All are welcome and encouraged to attend. Guest Children’s librarian (from CM Library) will come to the meeting to share resources with families.
Tinker Day March 27, 2019- Save the Date! Our famous Tinker Day is scheduled for March 27. From 9:30-11:30 our school transforms into a Tinker/Maker Fair for 2nd-5th grade students. TK-1st grade students will be tinkering in their classrooms. Can you help by volunteering to host or support at a booth? Volunteer by completing this form here.
PTO UPDATESThank You- Hot Cocoa & Game Night! A huge “Thank You’’ to Beth Sherry, our VP of Membership, for organizing our first Hot Cocoa + Game night this past Thursday! We’d also like to give a special thank you to Steve & Kate’s Camp for providing and leading games, as well as all of the volunteers who helped make this event a success!
Wear your Cove Pride! Visit our Cove Spirit Wear store to choose from a wide selection of swag for everyone.
Find us online! Keep up with the PTO, Readathon, Variety Show, support our membership, and so much more on our PTO website!
SPARK Spring Events - We need you!
- Auction Solicitations: Join the team and help with donations from businesses for our online auction March 12th-18th. We'll provide you with the forms, email script and contact information.
- Auction Donations: Do you own a local business, vacation home or are willing to make a wine donation? It’s parents like you in our community who can really help! Fill out an online auction donation form here.
- Parent-Hosted Parties: Got an idea for a sign up party? We’d love to hear from you! These parties are always popular and a great way to raise money for our schools. Learn more here.
- Spring Spotlight Event Co-Chairs (for 2020): We’re looking for parents to shadow our Spring Spotlight (May 4th) Event Chairs this year who will be retiring after an incredible three years coordinating the gala.
Contact info@SPARKschools.org if interested!
Click here for information from:
ABOUT THE COVE CONNECTION The Cove Connection is a digital bulletin published by the Cove PTO and distributed to The Cove School community each Sunday via email. To submit content to the Cove Connection, please email email@example.com. To receive a subscription to The Cove Connection, or to change your email address, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Corte Madera “Confidence & Coping Clubs”
- Tidalwaves Swim Team Registration Opens January 9, 2019
- Marissa Joy Ganz NY Broadway Training Classes
- Classical Ballet with Lisa Moore Shields at Stapleton Ballet
- Musical Teamwork Happens at BandWorks Summer Camp!
- Galileo Summer Camps Innovative Camps for Kids