HEAD LICE INFORMATIONRemember that head lice is not a disease. Lice are a nuisance and require attention and diligence to rid them from the individual's head and from your home.
See these links for further information on Head Lice:
- Anyone can get head lice.
- The majority of cases of head lice are not transmitted at school.
- Lice are transmitted through direct contact with the hair of an infested person or through the sharing of personal items such as a hairbrush, combs, helmet, hat or pillows.
- It is important to contact all individuals your child has been in close contact with, if your child becomes infested with lice.
- Contact the School Office, if you find head lice/nits on your child. Information will go home to inform other families that there is a case of head lice in the class. In this way other families can check their child's head and monitor lice infestation in their family.