The current parcel tax provides funds for the Larkspur-Corte Madera School District to maintain the quality of education by providing for:
- Exceptional instructional programs, including math, science, reading and writing
- Small class sizes
- Highly qualified teachers
Parcel Tax Senior Exemptions
Homeowners who attain 65 years of age by July 1st of any given year, may request an exemption from the parcel tax portion of your Marin County Secured Tax Statement (school bonds are not exemptable). To qualify, you must both own and reside at the property for which the exemption is requested. Exemptions that are received and approved on/before July 1st of any given year, will begin to receive the exemption with the next fiscal year's assessment.
Once approved, the exemption for the parcel will continue for the remaining term of the assessment (June 30, 2024) so long as the applicant continues to use the parcel as his or her principal residence.
If you believe you are eligible for the exemption please print and complete the Parcel Tax Senior Exemption Form or contact Linda Tarantino in the District Office at (415) 927-6960 x 2 or email@example.com to request an application by mail.
Information cited from the County of Marin Assessor Mapping webpage.
An Assessor Parcel combination is two or more Assessor Parcels consolidated into one Assessor's parcel resulting in a single annual property tax bill. Assessor Parcel combinations are completed for property assessment purposes only. This action does not imply legal lot status nor does it constitute legal lot approval by any planning/building authority. If you have any questions regarding legal lots, you should contact the appropriate planning/building authority where the property is located.
Assessor Parcel Combination Requests are subject to the following conditions:
- Parcels to be combined must be in the same Tax Rate Area (TRA).
- Parcels to be combined must be contiguous.
- Parcels to be combined must be in the exact same ownership with same titles.
- Property taxes for all parcels to be combined must NOT be delinquent.
- Parcels to be combined must fit on to one Assessors 11 x 17 Map page.
- Parcels are not noted as two or more distinct parcels of record as defined on official subdivision maps (Parcel 1, 2, or A, B, etc.) filed with the Marin County Recorder.
- Parcels cannot be combined if one or more parcels are covered by an individual Notice of Merger (Owners need to contact the Planning Department of the local jurisdiction for information related to Notices of Merger).
- It is the property owner's responsibility to determine if there are Notices of Merger on their parcels or if any parcels are noted as distinct parcels of record as shown on a recorded Parcel Map.
Note: If one parcel is under Open Space contract or Williamson Act and the other parcel(s) is/are not, the parcels cannot be combined for assessment purposes.
Applications for Assessor Parcel Combination must be made in person at the Office of the Marin County Assessor-Recorder located in Room 208 of the Marin CivicCenter, 3501 Civic Center Drive, San Rafael, CA 94903. The fee for an Assessor Parcel Combination is $150 payable by cash or check.
If you plan to apply for an Assessor Parcel combination, please contact the Assessor Mapping staff at 415-499-5073 beforehand so that Mapping staff can verify that you meet the conditions as shown above.
Please complete the Request for Abatement of Parcel Tax form to request abatement from the combination or merger of multiple parcels. Contact Linda Tarantino in the District Office at (415) 927-6960, ext 3204 to receive an application by mail.